Saturday, January 12, 2013

Kwaheri, Kunduchi!

Orientation is officially over, as is my stay in Kunduchi. This past week has been an amazing transition into the culture of Tanzania. I have been able to appreciate the unique way of life, and even more so, appreciate the people who have been here to experience it with me. Over the past week, I have made many new friends from both America and Tanzania, and it saddens me that we must now part ways. I will miss the small community I am leaving behind, but am excited for the adventure that lies ahead.

Tomorrow, I will head to the Kilwa district of Tanzania, where I will teach at the Mtanga secondary school. I will actually live in a neighboring village and commute to school every day with my new friend, Said. Said, a Tanzanian WorldTeach volunteer will be one of my roommates, along with Muhudini and Morgan, a fellow American volunteer. Over the next two months, the four of us will help each other breach cultural boundaries as we all work towards a common cause!



1 comment: