Sunday, December 16, 2012

Graduation

Yesterday, December 15th, I graduated from Bloomsburg University. I graduated Cum Laude with my degree in Secondary Education- English. For four and a half years, I diligently worked towards earning this degree in order to achieve my dream of becoming a WorldTeach volunteer. Now, not only have I been accepted into an amazing program, with whom I will travel to Tanzania with in January 2013, but I have also become the first member of my family to earn a college degree, and I did it with honors. 

For any graduate (of high school, college, grad school, etc...), I believe this quote sums up the real definition of success. Many people believe a person's success is measured by how society recognizes him or her. However, I advocate that personal success can only be determined by that individual. Don't set your goals to appease the many voices of others, set them to please your own heart. No amount of societal success can compare in value to one's own self-happiness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment